theRenamer.com : Awesome Simple Best TV Show Renamer .....with Episode Titles!

What it does:
It renames your TV show files into a neat and orderly format.....and adds in the TV show episodes titles!

From this : [dvd-mux-ita]The.Unit.1x02.Piromane.ITA.DVDMux. REPACK.XviD-NovaRip.[colombo-bt.org].avi
To this : The Unit.S01E02.Stress.avi
......... in just 1 simple Drag and Drop motion.

THIS BLOG SITE IS CLOSED, and moved to theRenamer.com

Monday, January 26, 2009

Back with Ver 2.9

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to talk abit about ver 2.9. The major change is the way the database is done. (I know I never explained how it works in previous versions).

So here's what happens in ver 2.8 and below:

theRenamer works with 2 database, a Public and a User Database. The Public Database is on my server, and the User Database is stored on your PC.
These database basically store show names and their respective IMDB reference ID number (I call them ttcodes).

Every time someone drags a show into theRenamer, it connects to my server's database (Public) and checks if there's a match for that show, if yes, it gets the ttcode and goes to IMDB to grab the episode titles.

If it doesn't exist in the Public Database, it will check your own database (User).

If there's still no match, it will google for it. theRenamer is looking for the ttcode of your showname. With the correct ttcode found, theRenamer will know where to get the episode title in IMDB.
theRenamer also stores that data into your User database for future use - in case the same showname is dragged in later.

After a successful renaming, theRenamer then submits that new showname and ttcode to me. I only receive the showname and ttcode, nothing else. No idea who/where it came from.

Every weekend, I will spend some time verifying these data manually, checking if each ttcode really points to that particular showname. The correct ones are added to the Public Database for everyone to use.

This became too much work for me over time. Currently, I'm getting a few hundred entries a week to verify.
I stated with 25 shownames in the Public Database, now closing to a thousand.
Also, not everyone watches the same shows. So scanning a long list of shows isn't practical.


Database in Ver 2.9:

The Public Database is now REMOVED. There's only 1 database to maintain - by yourself.
I've included a short list of shownames/ttcodes in the Database for you.
Feel free to remove any rows that you know you will never need.
theRenamer still googles and adds the showname for you automatically. You only need to manually add in the showname IF theRenamer cannot find the correct ttcode.

There are other new stuff added in 2.9. All from user's feedback/comments.

2 comments:

My mind said...

you are incredible. i love this application

the Renamer said...

Thanks Disconnect!

I love 2.9 too! I don't need to verify database anymore :)